Thursday, August 13, 2009

Free Album: The Are - Iran (Insturmental Hip-hop Protest Album)




When I stubbled upon this Instrumental Hip-hop album, I was going to post it straight away before I'd even heard it, simply as solidarity for cause.

Just in case it wasn't hardcore gangster rap/pro-censorship I ended up giving it a quick spin, and damn, this is completely dope.

Seriously, if you like your sample based instrumental hip-hop raw and heavy (don't we all?) then this is most definately for you (/all of us).

Words from the artist:

"I started this project a while back but got side tracked with other projects. After I returned from NY a few months ago, it was one of the things I wanted to finish. After the Iran election went down and I saw the press and protest, I thought not only did I want to do this project but that it HAD to be done."

No comments:

Post a Comment